Graduating from an eligible institution of British Columbia can be beneficial for the candidates/students to apply for Permanent Residency directly.
Three ways are offered by the BC Provincial Nominee Program to become a permanent resident in B.C. Based on your National Occupation Classification codes(NOC) level, employment, job offer, or foreign student status, each pathway is categorized into multiple categories to which one can apply.
- Skills Immigration(SI)
- Express Entry BC(EE-BC)
- Entrepreneur Immigration (EI)
One of the subcategories of Skilled Immigration under BC PNP is Skilled Immigration-International Post-Graduate. It could help the students of eligible institutes of BC gain Permanent Residence without a job offer and Language test requirements such as IELTS.
Who are eligible?
In order to be eligible for nomination under this category, applicants must have:
- Graduated in the last three from an eligible post-secondary institution in BC.
- Eligible or have legal immigration status in Canada.
- ability to live and must show intent to live In BC
Students graduating from certain programs of study from the following list of institutions are eligible to take part in the International Post Graduate stream. The list may be subjected to change. Distance learning programs are not eligible to be considered under this pathway.
Private post-secondary institutions
- New York Institute of Technology
- North-eastern University
- Trinity Western University
Public post-secondary institutions
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Royal Roads University
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of British Columbia – Okanagan
- University of British Columbia – Vancouver
- University of Northern British Columbia
- University of Victoria
Considerable graduate degrees for PR under this category
Applicants must have a master’s or doctorate (Ph.D.) degree in one of the following fields in the natural, applied or health sciences gained `in the last three 3 years
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Computer and information sciences and support services
- Engineering technology
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Natural resources conservation and research
- Physical sciences