The Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) will provide additional points to bilingual International Skilled Worker applicants with effect from November 24, 2020. A maximum of 10 points can be claimed by those with both English and French language ability.
Maximum Points allocated for Language eligibility has been increased to 30. The maximum allotted points for the First language test is 20. It could be either English or French. 10 points have been given for the Second language’s ability. As a result, overall points have been raised to 110 points in the SINP assessment points grid.
A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 is required in both the language test abilities. Maximum points for language ability can be achieved if a candidate scores CLB level 8 in both the language tests.
There is no change in the minimum point requirement, i.e. candidates should get at least 60 points out of a maximum 110 points.
Saskatchewan has different PNP pathways. International Skilled Workers category is one of the popular categories for receiving invitations. To be eligible under Saskatchewan PNP, applicants,
- Have valid educational credentials such as proof of completion of post-secondary study, degree/ Master/ diploma comparable to Canada’s education system.
- Need to have at least one year of experience in one of the occupations from the excluded occupation list
- Have a settlement plan and proof of settlement funds
International skilled worker stream is again categorised into 3 sub categories
- ISW-Express Entry
Apart from meeting the requirements mentioned, Candidates must
- Have submitted the profile into the federal express entry pool and have a valid express entry number and job seeker validation code.
- Meet with Federal Express Entry’s language requirements. i.e. at least CLB-7 in all four modules. Minimum requirements for language ability changes from case to case.
2. ISW- Occupation in Demand
This stream is for the candidates who do not have a valid express entry profile. They have experience in an in-demand occupation. To be eligible under this stream, candidates must have a minimum of CLB level 4 language requirements and satisfy the other requirements mentioned above.
3. ISW- Employment Offer
This stream is for the candidates with a permanent and full-time job offer in a skilled occupation in the province. The candidates need to demonstrate at least CLB 4 in language ability, in addition to the requirements mentioned above.
If the candidates receive an invitation from SINP, then they have to submit the complete online application and upload the required documents along with a non-refundable payment of CAD 350. They have 60 days’ time to submit the application.