Ontario offers a pathway to apply for Permanent Residency, for those who have a valid and full-time job offer from the Province. Candidates can apply for permanent residency through the ’OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream’’.
This stream is meant for foreign skilled workers who are living in and outside of Canada. This stream uses an Expression of Interest System. You need to create an EOI first and receive an invitation to apply, in order to submit the application under this stream.
In order to be eligible to apply under this stream, the applicant must meet the mandatory requirements of this stream as follows
- Job offer requirements
- Applicant requirements
- Employer requirements
I. Job offer requirements
- The job offer must be
- Full-time and permanent
- In a skilled occupation at Skill levels O, A, or B of NOC.
- Based in Ontario
- Your offered pay must be more than the median wage for that occupation.
- The position is urgently necessary for the employer’s business.
II. Applicant requirements
- Must receive ITA before submitting the application.
- Have at least 2 years cumulative valid work experience over the last 5 years, license, or other authorization.
- Intention to live in Ontario.
- Legal status in Canada if the applicant is already living in Canada.
III. Employer Requirements
- General Requirements
Your Employer must
- Be In active business for a minimum 3 years before you submit your application.
- Possess business premises in Ontario.
- Not have outstanding orders against them.
- Show that they have made enough efforts to hire Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada before the position is offered to you. However, the employer can be exempted from this if
- The Applicant has a valid work permit in order to work in the province or
- The employer possesses a Positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the job offered.
2. Revenue Requirements of the employer’s business
- If the business is located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), then your employer must meet the minimum revenue requirements of at least $1,000,000 in total gross annual revenue.
- If it is outside of GTA, then meet the minimum revenue requirement of at least $500,000 in total gross annual revenue.
3. Your employer must have minimum
- 5 Canadian citizens or PRs working at the same place where you are offered to work within the GTA or
- 3 Canadian Citizens or PRs working at the same place where you offered to work in locations other than GTA.
4. Your employer must sign an Employer Form.
Steps to apply
- Create an EOI with OINP under ‘’OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream’’.
- If you are invited from the pool, you can submit an online application through the OINP portal.
- You will have 14 days’ time to submit the application. In order to do so, you must be ready with all the supporting documents by the time you receive your invitation to apply.
- Application fee is $2,000- If your job offer is based in Greater Toronto Area. If it is outside GTA then $1,500.
- If you are nominated by Ontario, then you will receive nomination approval letter, a nomination certificate and a work permit support in your email.
- The final step is to apply Permanent Residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within six months upon receiving the notification from the province.