International Students have the opportunity to settle in Saskatchewan permanently through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program(SINP). One of the streams that help the foreign students get permanent residency is ‘Worker with Saskatchewan Work Experience: Students Category’
Worker with Saskatchewan Work Experience: Students Category
Workers with Saskatchewan Work Experience category offers foreign workers who are currently living and working in the province, an opportunity to get permanent residency in Saskatchewan.
The Students subcategory is one of the five subcategories of Saskatchewan work experience stream. This stream is for the students who have studied either in Saskatchewan or any other province of Canada.
For students graduated from Saskatchewan province
- The applicants must have graduated from any recognised post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan. The completed program can be a certificate, a diploma or a degree.
- They should have at least 6 months of paid work experience. The experience gained could be working On-campus, Off-campus, Co-op terms, Graduate fellowships or on a valid Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
- Currently, the applicants must hold a valid PGWP from IRCC.
- They must have a full-time, permanent job offer related to their field of study from an employer of the province. The job offer should be in NOC 0, A or B level occupations.
- If the job offer is in a NOC-C level occupation, then demonstrate at least CLB Level 4 language proficiency.
- Valid SINP job approval letter is required.
The students who have graduated from other provinces in Canada, must
- have at least one academic year, full-time study in Canada (outside Saskatchewan) from a recognised Post-secondary institution. The completed program can be a certificate, a diploma or a degree.
- possess a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit from IRCC.
- have minimum 6 months continuous paid work experience on a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) related to their field of study, after graduation.
- get a full-time, permanent job offer from a Saskatchewan employer in their field of study. The employment should be in a NOC O, A or B level occupation and in a designated trade.
- have a valid SINP job approval letter.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
This stream provides an opportunity for international students who have studied and are actively running a business in Saskatchewan to apply for permanent residency. It is one of the sub-streams under Entrepreneur and Farm Category of the SINP.
At the time of application submission, the applicants must be residing in Saskatchewan. They must have actively owned and operate a business for a minimum of 1 year before applying and they must own at least 33 % or one-third of the business. They must sign a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) with Saskatchewan’s Government.
- The applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- They must have completed a full-time program from an eligible post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan. The study program must be at least 2 years and it can be either a degree or a diploma
- In addition to this, they must have a valid Post-Graduation Work-Permit with a minimum of 2 years remaining validity.
- During the academic program, the applicants should have lived in Saskatchewan.
- Demonstrate at least CLB level 7 language proficiency.
Those who are invited to apply must show knowledge of their Business Establishment Plan (BEP).