Nova Scotia held its new Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draw On December 1, 2020. Candidates from the Express Entry pool received invitations through the Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Stream. This is the fifth PNP draw of the province this year so far.
Those candidates who received an Invitation letter or Letter of Interest from the Immigration office of Nova Scotia are required to apply for provincial nomination.
The province has not specified the number of invitations sent and which occupations were targeted in this draw. Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (NOC 2174) had received invitations in the last draw conducted on October 22, 2020
Occupations specific to automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOC 7321), Motor vehicle body repairers (NOC 7322) and Registered nurses or registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) received invitations in the previous draws.
The province has provided selection criteria for this draw as mentioned below.
• Candidates must have a valid full-time job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in the province. It should last at least one year after the candidate’s permanent resident visa is granted.
• Selected candidates must have one year of skilled work experience relevant to the job offer.
• Language requirements: At least CLB-5 in all four modules of Language ability test from an agency approved by IRCC.
• They must have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent.
• They need to submit the application within 30 days from the date of the invitation. i.e. application should be submitted by 11.59 PM, December 31, 2020
Summary of the Nova Scotia PNP draw:
Draw date: December 1, 2020.
Program: Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
Category: Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Stream
Occupation(s) invited- Not Specified
Total Number of candidates invited: Not specified
Minimum score requirements: Not specified