Registered nurses with profiles in the Federal Express Entry Pool were invited to apply for a provincial nomination in the recent PNP draw in Nova Scotia
On May 22 Nova Scotia held a new Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) draw inviting nurses to apply for a provincial nomination for permanent residence in Canada.
The Nova Scotia Nomination Program (NSNP) provided information on the draw conditions for eligibility but no information provided on how many people were invited.
In order to be eligible, Candidates must
· Have at least three years of work experience in the National Occupational Classification of Canada as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (NOC 3012)
· Have a score of at least CLB LEVEL-8 (Canadian Language Benchmark) or higher is required in all four language skills (Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening) in English or French
· Have a Bachelor’s degree or have finished a post-secondary program of at least three years
· Provide copies of their
1. language tests when applying for the nomination and
2. Evidence of education including an Educational Credential Evaluation (ECA) report provided by a recognized organisation if the degree or diploma has been earned at a foreign college
· Prove ample funds to support themselves and their family in moving to Nova Scotia;
· Have legal status in your current home country.
Candidates invited from Express Entry pool
Applicants need first to have a profile in the Express Entry system to be considered for a provincial nomination from Nova Scotia via the Labor Market Priorities Process.
Express Entry handles permanent residency applications in Canada through three Economical immigration programs.
Candidates for Express Entry rate on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Points awarded based on factors, such as their age, job experience, educational qualification and language ability either in English or French.
Invited candidates will now have 60 calendar days to complete their provincial nomination application upon the receipt of Provincial Nomination by NS.
If they receive the provincial nomination from Nova Scotia, an additional 600 CRS points will be automatically awarded, which will effectively ensure they receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a subsequent Express Entry draw.