The AINP must now accept copies for all documents needed, including copies of signatures on the form. Signatures and other document’s authenticity may be confirmed either through mail or phone call.
Applicants who have applied after April 29, can be permitted to file an incomplete application if they comply with the following requirements:
• Provide a written clarification as to why their application is incomplete;
• Include proof that they have requested the document or that the issuing party is not operational due to coronavirus;
• Provide language test results or proof that they have registered for a language test on or before October 29, 2020, if they are applying under the Alberta Opportunity Stream
• Include valid language results and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) when applying for the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Applicants who submitted on or before April 29 and who are unable to submit documents must also:
• Include proof that the document has been requested or that the issuing party is not operational due to the coronavirus.
Alberta will keep these for 60 calendar days from the date of mailing for incomplete applications. This will be decided after 45 days whether or not the hold will be extended for another 60 calendar days, and so on, for a period of six months. A decision will be taken at this stage, based on the available details.