The fees charged by foreign nationals cover operational, processing and service delivery expenses applicable to all permanent resident immigration services.
The new fee structure will come into effect on 30 April 2020 at 9.00 am EDT. Applications submitted before that time will be handled in accordance with the existing fee schedule. Documents submitted at or after that date, which do not contain the revised fees, will be treated as incomplete and returned to the applicant.
Permanent resident processing fees for economic class applicants are generally being increased by 50 per cent as follows:
- Fees of the Primary applicants of the Economic business class such as self-employed, start-up visa, Quebec investor, Quebec entrepreneur, and Quebec self- employed would rise from $1,050 to $1,575.
- Fees of the Primary applicants in the non-business economic class will raise to $825 from the existing $550. The rise would not extend to the primary applicants and their families in the Caregivers programs, which will remain unchanged.
- The Fees for spouses or common-law partners of all economic groups will be increased from $550 to $825;
- The Fees for dependent children of all economic classes will be raised from $150 to $225;
- The right of Permanent resident fee (RPRF) will be increased by $10 i.e it would be changed from $490 to $500.